Sunday, September 29, 2013

Instagram Dos & Donts

     Instagram is a very common social media used by people of all ages. In my opinion, there are some "Dos" and " Donts" of instagram much like anyother social media site.
     First, I'll start with my "Donts":
1. Do NOT post a ton of pictures a day, or at one time. Personally, I don't like scrooling through my timeline and seeing 20 pictures from the same person from the same football game, party,etc. I try to keep it at a 2-3 picture per day maximum.
2. This one kind of goes back to the first ones. Selfies. If you post more than one selfie a day, I will unfollow you. Also, with selfies, don't post them every day, don't post them with inspirational quotes or a " #selfie (whatever day it is."  I'm not saying selfies are bad, I'll admit i've posted them. But if the majority of your account is just selfies of you, im sorry I will not follow you.
3. Third one, do not be dumb and post pictures that could get you into trouble, then be mad about it when you actually get in trouble for it. For example; Do not post multiple pictures of you doing illegal things, you think you look tough but chances are you are just going to be caught. ( p.s. did you know what you post online isn't private anymore? yeah weird i know.. Not.) basically just be smart people!
4. Final one and this mainly goes to the girls, Do not post a picture everytime you get starbucks or everytime you just got your nails done/ painted them yourself. It's just annoying.
     Now, onto some of my "Dos":
1. Do post pictures of you doing fun things with your friends/family. Lets say, you go to a football game, post a picture all dressed up with your friends supporting your school. Those are always fun pictures!
2. Post pictures of/ with your pets or other animals. What person can turn down a cute picture of a baby animal? Nobody. Because they are so cute and everyone doesn't mind seeing them
3. If you're on vacation or somewhere cool take a picture of the scenery, people want to know what you're up too and they look pretty cool.
4. Participate in things like " Women Crush Wednesdays" or " Throw back Thursday" every now and then, not all the time. I personally like to when there are old pictures I never got the chance to post or I realize I haven't posted something in a while.

     I'm really not trying to offened anyone or asking you to change your profile/ what you post this is just my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment